There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.

Friday, December 13, 2013

My First Christmas In Heaven

I know this is going to be a very difficult Christmas.  I was so excited to buy Jane-y her first baby doll. I had the one I was going to get picked out. I saw them at Barnes and Nobles yesterday and started crying in the store, grabbed Nate and walked out. 

I hope to be able to keep this Christmas more about Christ this year. About His life, His example, His teachings, His love and most importantly His atonement and resurrection. I know that is typically what we celebrate at Easter, but after all it was the greatest thing He did on this earth and the purpose of His mission here. It was because of that atonement and resurrection that Jane will be ours again someday. So I am going to celebrate that. 

A friend of mine gave me this poem today. It was a tough, but beautiful read.

 It seems like everything we are experiencing right now is like that; tough yet beautiful.  Sometimes you can't have one without the other.

I googled the poem and read that it was written by a 13 year old boy who was dying from a brain tumor. He gave it to his parents before he died. What a beautiful little boy with tremendous faith. 


I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights like Heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular- please wipe away the tear
For I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sound of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here
I have no words to tell you the joys their voices bring
For it's beyond description to hear the angels sing

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me dear ones you know I hold you dear
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift for my heavenly home above,
I sent you each a memory of my undying love. 
After all love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing of love he has for each of you.
So have a merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.


Remember I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

4 comments:

  1. That made my eyes get teary. I really loved that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy this is such a beautiful poem. What wisdom from a 13 year old boy. I find such comfort knowing Jane is with the angels in heaven. By now she probably has them all eating out of her hands. Although I will miss her terribly for the rest of my life, I find such joy knowing we have our own little angel in heaven and I KNOW she is close to you and watching out for her mommy and daddy and big brothers. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As former Church President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) put it, “There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The babe Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection." Those are definitely things to celebrate! So grateful for His birth, life, death, and resurrection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was given to me the first Christmas after my son died. It is very powerful.

    ReplyDelete