There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Thanks

After my blog was re-posted on Facebook by Matt Townsend, it seemed to get a lot of attention and spread pretty quickly. More specifically on my Criticism post. It really caught me off guard, to say the least. And after a tiny panic attack I got to thinking...why do I really do this blog? I have said all along it was just to clear my head, and that is definitely how it was born. But what about now?
Honestly, I felt like anything I posted after that "sharing" frenzy would be a major letdown. How can I live up to that? I have been trying to tell myself I can't, and I shouldn't worry about it either. I don't need to one-up my posts. Nobody likes a one-upper anyways.
I have had a lot of very generously kind people tell me I inspire them. And come on, that's extremely flattering. I mean, there is no better compliment then for someone to tell me that the way I live my life makes them want to be better. But I feel so undeserving of such a compliment. I am just a girl, dealing with a tragedy and trying to live my life. But if my little thoughts and musings make people want to love more then who am I to keep them to myself? It seems silly that random thoughts and inspirations have that effect, but so be it.
Also, I blog because I want "Jane Love" to live on. "Jane Love" is a phrase my sweet friend Stephanie coined. It has been a reminder for her, and now me, how Jane has changed her life and capacity to love more freely. To have more patience with our children and to love our Heavenly Father and His plan for us. As a parent, I could not wish for a more perfect legacy for my children to leave on humanity.
English and writing has never been my forte and I envied people who succeeded at it. To be honest I always felt like I was terrible at it. I suppose I just needed to find my inspiration; sweet Jane and my tested faith in my Heavenly Fathers plan for her.
I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for reading and sharing my blog. It sure makes this girl feel like a winner. And I feel humbled and grateful everytime I see it reposted. Thank you for letting "Jane Love" live on.

1 comment:

  1. "jane love" - that is absolutely wonderful, it bottles up everything nicely. she is an example of perfect, unfaltering love. your honesty emulates this love, you're not seeking likes, pats on the back or popularity, you are humbly sharing truth, which is refreshing to read and remember. we all should be more aware of the small moments of "jane love" in our lives. thanks christy!

    ReplyDelete