There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Thankful



I had a hard morning. My moments of overwhelming grief tend to be random, they just hit me and I can't move. This morning I hadn't gotten out of bed when it just hit and I couldn't stop crying. My family was leaving for church and I just couldn't move to get myself ready. So I stayed in bed crying until they left.
The moment the door closed and the house was quiet, I felt Jane with me. In church we always learn you have to be still and quiet and patient in order to feel and receive direction from the Holy Ghost. That is exactly how it is for me and Jane. When I feel her I am still and quiet and alone.
She brings so much peace with her. It always calms my trembling body and aching soul. After a few minutes of feeling her so close to me, I had gratitude in my heart. What an incredible girl she is. She turns my moments of grief into gratitude.
I am thankful for my Jane. I am grateful I get to be her mom, what an honor. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to try and be a better person everyday because I am always reminded of what I have waiting for me if I can live a good life.
I am grateful for an all-knowing Heavenly Father who needed his daughter back, but in the meantime would look down on me so compassionately and send me so many tender mercies I don't have room enough to receive them all. He knows I ache, and knows that what was taken can never be replaced in this life, but has provided so many other blessings to help me navigate through the grief and pain.
I am grateful for the revealed truths that God gave to Joseph Smith that children who die in infancy are saved and perfect. That they are "too pure, too lovely, to live on this earth." I would be in a scary place if I didn't have so much knowledge of where we go and our state of happiness after we die. I don't worry about Jane. I know she is happy. I know she is safe. That knowledge is an incredible gift. One that I am always, always thankful for because I am constantly thinking of Jane.

4 comments:

  1. I'm crying tears of sorrow at your loss and pain AND tears of joy at your gift of Jane and the hope of being with her forever! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this trial is so incredibly hard, but I am so thankful that you know she is happy and safe. What a little sweetheart she is. You are both so loved and I hope that you have felt others helping to carry your burden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy you were able to feel Jane near! I have been praying for you to have this gift since your last blog post. I felt the truth of your words as I read them. Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were having a bad day today. I could just feel it when Natalie scared me today. I'm so sorry there have to be days like this. For you and all the other people I know who grieve.

    ReplyDelete