There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

He Is Risen! Easter thoughts and activities

"There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The babe Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection." -Gordon B. Hinckley


Easter 2013
This week has been emotional. I have tried to completely block out the thoughts of little girl’s Easter dresses. So, mostly my emotions have been of gratitude for my Savior. A kind of gratitude I have never felt. More than just a sincere thank you. Like soul-rejoicing praise and honor.
My testimony of the Savior and his purpose on earth have grown immeasurably. Because of the events of this week 2,000 years ago; I will have my daughter again. Because of His ultimate sacrifice He can empathize with me. Because of His pain I will never be alone. Because of His death and resurrection, Jane will live again.
I will have my daughter again!!! I can't say that enough or have too many exclamation points!
I have wanted Ethan and Nate to understand how relevant Easter is to our family now. I wanted this week to be more about Christ and less about chocolate bunnies and plastic eggs. I want them to know why we will see Jane again.
Here are a list of some things we did, if you want to try some in your home too. I would love to know if you do. I would love Jane to be used as a visual for your testimony or your children's testimony about this topic. I would love Jane Love to grow in your home! In fact, I am going so far as to start using a hash tag: #elizajanelove
Share your pictures of anything and everything you do, see or think about with Jane Love. It brings me comfort knowing she is still alive in your hearts and thoughts.
I asked a friend of mine what some of her Catholic traditions are this Holy Week and we have implemented some of them in our home.
-We read scriptures together every night, and these were the scriptures we read this week:
Palm Sunday: Mark 11:1-11.
Monday: Mark 11:15-18.
Tuesday: Mark 14:3-9.
Wednesday: Matthew 26:14-16.
Thursday: John 13:1-5.
Friday: Mark 15:21-39.
Saturday: Mark 15:42-47.
Sunday: Luke 24:1-9.
- She shared this link with me with great kid-friendly Easter activities and lessons:
- We were going to do a Passover dinner but that day ended up being a pretty bad one for me. I plan on doing it next year.
- The darling Activity Day girls in our ward Easter egg’d our house and put out 24 plastic eggs for us to find, they left 1 egg empty to represent Jesus’ empty tomb. I
Favorite Mormon Messages:
Because of Him (new this year, SO SO GOOD!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3TI4bYerU

Mormon Channel Bible Videos:
He is Risen (A 7 minute video, that is a synopsis of all the below videos): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAuaSpJ7zGs
Chronological videos of the Holy Week:
Jesus Warns Peter and Offers the Intecessory Prayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL5jobrN3ck&list=PL4A73DDEE675FBC39&index=61
Jesus is tried by Caiaphas, Peter Denies Knowing Christ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMaHYMs6NB4&list=PL4A73DDEE675FBC39&index=59



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for compiling these resources. I'm honored to add Jane Love to our Easter traditions. What wonderful news and perfect promise that you'll have her forever. Prayers for a peaceful Easter Sunday for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog today by accident, and it broke my heart to find out about the loss of your sweet and beautiful baby girl! We are sending lots of love and prayers your way today. I never have an Easter pass without thinking about the Easter I spent in Romania as part of Elder Clark's district. Participating with the Romanian traditions of lighting candles one by one was such a visual reminder to me that Jesus Christ truly is the light in our world.
    Isus a invitat!
    Thanks for sharing your powerful testimonies through your blog, it has helped me really reflect today on what Easter is truly about!

    Lots of love, Stephanie and Clark Johnson

    ReplyDelete