There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

God Be With You Til We Meet Again

One of my biggest fears doing this blog (I am embarrassed to admit this because it seems selfish) is that everyone will assume that I must be doing okay because I occasionally post about the joy I feel by being Jane's mom and the perspective I see in some good moments. I am terrified of losing the shoulders to cry on when I need them. I am scared that the texts, private Facebook messages, phone calls, emails and letters will stop. I need them so much. They keep me from burrowing into myself. I am an extrovert, my cup is filled by people being around me and supporting me. I need the security of friends holding me tight, whether literally or figuratively. Even if you live 3,000 miles away (which a big chunk of my friends do) I feel wrapped in love and support from every loving outreach.
Today while listening to pandora the song God Be With You Til We Meet Again came on. It was a beautiful rendition by Paul Cardell that can be seen here. Of course this song brought me to tears since it is commonly used as a funeral song. I sat on the couch, got out my hymnbook and sang along in my head. I knew Jane was close to my heart.
This song took on a new perspective to me in that moment. It wasn't an assurance of where Jane is and who she is with, I already know the answer to that. It was a reminder from sweet Jane that God will be with ME until her and I meet again.
 
Until then, "With his sheep securely fold you."
I have been familiar with this song and the parable of Jesus being our Shepard and we are his sheep for decades. Yet, today it clicked. I love those ah-ha! moments. They are the perfect mix of "I can't believe I never put that together, duh!" and "I just put that together all by myself!"
The words 'thank you' feel so inadequate in expressing my gratitude to His 'sheep' that have reached out to support my family. The love we have been given is astounding. I have felt "securely folded" in the most loving embrace from everyone.
 I love that; securely folded. I imagine the warmest, tightest, safest, most loving and sympathetic hug.
Today, Jane reminded me how lucky I am to have all of you. And I can imagine how grateful she is that we are being taken care of in her absence.
Can you imagine how much brighter this world would be if we took advantage more often the moments to "securely fold" those around us? I promise you that there are dozens of people who would be lifted by a phone call, letter, text or Facebook message. There are people, like me, who need to feel supported.
Find them. Reach out to them. Love them.
And when you do, think of Jane and the Jane Love you are spreading.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing and inspiring person. Thank you for the strength you lend to others! Hugs and peace be with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete